Saturday, April 16, 2016

Our Next Journey...

Last week I was named the principal for Basehor Linwood High School for the 2016-2017 school year.  I am so humbled and blessed to be a part of such a great group of people.  Students, staff, the community have been so kind and supportive over the last 9 years.  There has been ups and some downs, but it is a great place to be.  

We talk in life about journey's.  What is our next Journey?  Last blog I wrote about the storm and facing storms in our life.  How we get through them determines what kind of person we are and the character we develop.  I have had many journey's in my life-high school, college, my first teaching job, marriage, kids, my first admin job, moving numerous times, deaths, friends, faith, among many others.  We all have many of them we go through in our lives.

The neat thing about my journey is that I have and will never look at it like it is my journey.  Nothing that I do is for me. I have done nothing by myself.  It is funny how people take credit for things they have done, when we look at the world we see so much of, "Look at me", or "Be yourself", "Look at my accomplishments"!  

Here's a small piece of information that you might not know:



It's not about ME.  It's about us.  It's about the school that I work at.  It's OUR journey.  Together we will make it a better school. Together We will take on challenges.  Together WE can make it to the top of the mountain.  


Our journey includes my support system below- My wife, my daughter and my son.  We do life together.  Our journey includes my boys that sit around the fire with me on Monday's and talk about life.  Our journey includes the teachers and administrators that I work work every day.  Our journey includes all my PLN who have continued to support and encourage me each and every day.  Our journey includes coaches and friends in the past that have helped me along the way.  Our journey includes my parents who taught me valuable lessons about life.  There are so many others to count!




So as I move forward I look in anticipation to the challenge of leading the best high school in Kansas to continued success.  But along the way I will always remember that it's not about me and it's not my journey, but our journey and this is just our next one that He is calling us to follow.


Go Bobcats!

-Jarred
@jfuhrman3932








1 comment:

  1. Jarred, I'm so happy for you as you take this next step in your journey. I love that you see it a journey for "US," your new school stakeholders. I know that you will be a blessing to your new school family.
    Best,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete