regarding current practices, parental help, student support, personal reflection, school climate, etc.
I did pretty well on this one.(I am not sure on the quality of the blog, but I did receive a lot of feedback from parents) I have kept up during the summer writing 3-4 blogs. This was and continues to be a great way to reflect. I wish all of the teachers and all educators did this and did it honestly.
**Connect with community and parents
Phone at least one parent a week with a positive comment regarding his/her child
This has always been a chore for me to find time to do so. I did much better last year and will continue to have this as a goal for this upcoming year. To hear how proud some parent safe when you call them and let them know their kids are doing a great job, it something that makes it all worth it.
Develop a monthly newsletter for the community
I send out 6 newsletters so I actually fell short on this one. I did begin putting some information on my blog regarding these.
Be more involved in the individual collaboration times for the departments, give feedback to each collaboration, attend one meeting a week(could be different subjects)
I fell way short on this goal. After sitting back and reflecting on this I didn't spend near enough time helping with the development of the PLC times. I plan on continuing to do so this next year.
I had a difficult time coming up with these goals for this year. I thought a lot about what I wanted to accomplish but more importantly what I wanted to help others accomplish. I chose 4, measurable and attainable goals. If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions, or comments I appreciate the support as I strive to focus on these 4 items this year:
1. Live out my word for the year-Faithfulness. Post it where I can see it. Let others know of my word for the year. Live it out. (I will expand on this in a future blog. Check out this book: One Word
*Post my word in my office, post it in my car, Post it in my house where I can see it. Finally share it with an accountability group and my staff.
2. Schedule weekly times to visit classrooms- Develop Feedback forms for the teachers that they can read and actually use efficiently.
*I will post a calendar in my office and list times and days each week that are planned out to observe teachers. I will try to keep sacred to these times.
* I will work with teachers and administrators to develop feedback forms and each quarter review and revisit to see how they are working
3. Keep up on my blog to parents and community members(Join an accountability group to help with communication). One blog every 2 weeks. Includes a calendar of events, contact info, etc...
* By joining my accountability team(My PLN will help me through!)
4. Take time each week to write 2 positive notes to staff member. Make 2 positive phone calls to parents each week. This is all about developing relationships and I want to continue to develop strong and personal relationships.
*Again-set a calendar to make sure that I am getting the notes and phone calls each week.
I am looking forward to this year and all is has to offer. I am excited to work with all the kids, staff and parents. I am really excited to continue to connect with my PLN in many different ways this year and grow my relationships throughout the year.