Saturday, January 25, 2014

Being a role model

Always being on your game= difficult!  As adults, educators, frankly as human beings we have a tough time always doing the right thing.  We have numerous things in our life each and every day that we deal with that can effect our actions, behavior and overall attitude.  It's times like these that are tough to be the person that our kids need us to.   

Kids these days have people that they look up to.  Many times its celebrities or athletes or someone else famous.  I remember looking at sports stars when I was younger and wishing I could be just like them and wonder what it would be like to have all the money in the world or be rich and famous.  TV reality shows are all many of our kids watch these days.  

The big question is this:

Has there ever been a little 8 year old girl that said, "When I grow up I want to be like my mom."??  Are there little boys that say, "I hope I'm just like my dad when I grow up."  

The answer is even though they may not verbalize it every child gets many of their habits and traits from their parents or people they are around all the time.  What kind of person do you want your child to grow up to be?  

As an educator many times part of our responsibility is to help parents.  As a parent or a teacher you are a role model and you can make a difference.  So the next time you start to say something, the next time you think about posting on Facebook, and the next time you are discipling your kids, STOP and think-Am I setting a good example for this kid?  Do I expect as much out of myself as I expect out of this kid?


Be a role model-Each kid deserves it.


Jarred
@jfuhrman3932






No comments:

Post a Comment