Monday, December 27, 2021

Find your Purpose- Looking ahead to 2022!

 Purpose

How do you find your purpose?




About this time of year people start to think about goals for the new year. They want to eat healthier, lose weight and work out more. Don’t we all! Many times these goals turn south quick when people see how hard it really is- people also set career goals and set a goal for how well they can do in the new year. 




Now- I do admit that I set goals similar to all of these above. Many times I fall right into the lie that I can accomplish all these things. I do think there are people out there who actually complete the goals- they lose that 15lbs, they get that job they wanted and they find that relationship they have been waiting on.  Through all these, though I think we miss one important question and it’s the biggest question in the universe- What’s my purpose? 





Throughout the year we do things to try to finish these goals we set, but what if we miss something. What if we miss our purpose?


Do we really have an answer to that age-old question? Every day I ask myself what my purpose is? What’s the purpose of trying to lose weight or eating healthy or going to work every day? Do I find purpose in what I do? Somedays yes, other days no. If we do t find purpose isn’t this when we quit? Isn’t this when we fall short of our goals? 


When challenges hit us we think to ourselves- how am I supposed to keep going? This isn’t what I signed up for! 

I can’t get rid of this last 10 lbs- what’s the point? I just can’t get that promotion, it’s impossible to make everyone happy here. Those are all statements that we have made in the past- go ahead you can admit it. 


When it leads you in a different direction what do you do? Do you look for purpose?  Are there little things in your job, in your pursuit for a healthier year, or in your relationships that show purpose? Are you looking for that? Or are blindly searching? 


Many of us will continue to search. Personally, I continue to search every day for purpose in my life and in my job. I struggle with challenges that hit me and question myself if I’m fulfilling the purpose that was set out before me. 


As you prep for 2022 and begin to set goals or set resolutions- don’t forget to think about your purpose. Look for those little things each day that lead you to that. If it isn’t right you will know- redirect your vision and move in a different direction. Remember that most times it will be harder before it becomes easier. 


We each have a purpose- once you find it don’t let go! 


Here’s to a blessed 2022 for each of you! Get those goals ready! Go get ‘em! 






Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment