Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Passion

As I sit here on Spring Break, trying to catch my breath from the first 3 quarters of school and the long month of February, all I can think about is how I can do my job better 4th quarter.  What can I do better this quarter to help all our students become better?  What can I do to help our teachers improve and finish the year strong?  What am I missing?  In my personal life? Professional life?  Can you ask yourself the same questions?

Starting next week a group of teachers/administrators and I are starting a book study of Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess.  The excitement that I have seen on Twitter about this book has gotten me excited to read and share it with others.  When Dave talks about being a pirate he is looking at 6 things:

P-Passion
I-Immersion
R-Rapport
A-Ask and Analyze
T-Transformation
E-Enthusiasm

Combine these six items and you have a Pirate or one heck of a teacher.  Could you see how all these things can be applied in your life?  

Passion



Ask yourself the following questions and think real hard if you have the passion that you need in all parts of your life





1.What do you love about your life? What do you get excited about?

2.What are you really, really good at? What are your talents? 


3.When was the last time you totally lost track of time because you were doing something fun? What were you doing? 


4.Out of all your current roles at work, which would you do for free? 

5.Think back to when you were 5 or10 years old. What did you want to be when you grew up? 



I really hope you took a few minutes to answer these questions-Think about what you are passionate about and apply that to your life in whatever you are doing.  


Passion is so important in whatever you are doing.  Whatever job-whether you are a teacher, coach, business professional or stay at home parent-YOU need Passion!  Trust me, I know that it is hard to be passionate about everything.  But finding that thing that you are passionate about and applying it to what you are doing can go along way to being successful and happy in what you are doing.

PASSION

What am I passionate about?




-Jarred
@jfuhrman3932

















No comments:

Post a Comment